Sunday, May 29, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler

I've had a love hate relationship with cobblers. I made peach cobbler three times before I got it to come out right. The first time I didn't use any baking soda (because I didn't realize self rising flour was not regular flour). The second time I used a substitute for the self rising flour and it still didn't rise. Third time was perfect.

For the Blackberry Cobbler, I made the same recipe as the peach cobbler, but it had too much butter, too much sugar, and not enough berries. The second time was absolutely perfect. Here's the recipe:

Blackberry Cobbler
www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1737,144189-252200,00.html
Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups white sugar
2 cups milk
3 1/2 cups blackberries (I used two containers 12 oz each)


Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Once oven temperature is reached melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl stir together the flour, sugar and milk; batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour mixture on top of melted butter in baking pan. Do not mix butter and mixture together.
Drop blackberries into batter; if more crust is desired add less blackberries. Bake in preheated oven for one hour or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment