Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sliders

Go beef! This beef is freakishly good.. not storebought, but purchased directly from the person who raised the moo. Is it pretentious for me to describe the texture of raw beef as "velvety?" I had to make myself stop playing with it and put it down.



(that's what she said.)

One little trick that I use every time I make homemade burgers (in a skillet or on a grill pan): Season the outsides with salt and pepper, and then dredge them in flour before cooking them. Stole that tip from an episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives," which I usually call "Drivers, Drivers and Drives," and which is my dream job, but anyway. I had to add a bit of olive oil to the pan for this beef, since it's so lean, otherwise my flour woulda burned. The meat, she is seasoned.. the flour, she browns and gives the burger a nice crusty outside...

... I like mine with squishy buns (also what she said)...


... and yummy toppings (caramelized onions and sliced campari tomatoes in our case.. didn't feel like leaving the house to forage for more)...



...and then your slider is ridiculously tall. :) But slap some Amish bacon cheddar on it, squish that sucker down, and mmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment